Thursday, May 22, 2008

Welcome! Be Thou My Vision....

"Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart; Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art. Thou my best Thought, by day or by night, Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light."

"Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise, Thou mine Inheritance, now and always: Thou and Thou only, first in my heart, High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art."

"High King of Heaven, my victory won, May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall, Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all."


Above are three of the five verses of this old hymn. As I begin this facet of my ministry to women at Sugar Creek Baptist Church, I feel it is only fitting to pray these words as a prayer and to submit them to you as a commitment on my part to seek the Lord with all my heart and to obey His Word. I want nothing else but to please Jesus, the "Ruler of all." All else this life promises fades when we compare it to the treasure that He is.

Lord, it is my prayer that You would be my vision and that You would be the Lord of my heart. Father, I pray a blessing upon this website that you would draw each and every woman who reads it closer to you. I pray that every post typed on this site would lead us straight to You in prayer with our praise and petitions, knowing only from Your hand do we receive anything good. I pray that women will be inspired by other women who post comments here, to follow the Titus II mandate of scripture for women. I pray that we would encourage one another, by our comments, to love our husbands, children, homes more each day that the word of God would be exemplified and draw others to Christ. I pray that we would be radically obedient to Christ in our words, deeds, and thoughts. In Jesus' name, Amen.

I love each and every one of you sisters~


All for Jesus,
Ruth